Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Phishing for Chase Bank Credit Cards

For some reason this weeks big phishing party is looking for Chase Bank members. Since I don’t have any accounts at Chase Bank it’s an obvious fake but I’m sure some folks will fall for it.  It did give me a chance to try Internet Explorer 7’s new phishing controls.  The “Beta 2 Preview” of IE7 was released yesterday and I’ll tell you what I think later this week.

Phishing Controls in IE 7
Click for full size.

Even though I feel obligated to download and review the latest preview of IE 7, I still wouldn’t recommend the average computer user ever download beta or preview software.  Luckily, there’s another new tool in the fight against phishing that I expect to be announced later today.

 

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home