Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Friday, November 03, 2006

Whiz Kid Endorses WinPatrol

I had a frantic phone call last week from a woman whose grandson had downloaded WinPatrol to her computer and she didn’t know what it was.  She said, “My grandson reads everything about computers and told me this would help keep me safe”.  She wasn’t sure really sure if she was being charged or not so I told her he would have had to use her credit card for us to charge anything.

After hearing more about WinPatrol she was quickly convinced that her grandson was correct and he made a good choice in what he downloaded. We had a nice chat about kids and how much the new generation knows about computers. 

I finally asked her how old her grandson was and she replied “Six”.  We depend mostly on word-of-mouth recommendations but I think this was the first time we were endorsed by a 6 year old.  Smile

Share on Facebook


3 Comments:

Blogger Corrine said...

Definitely a smart youngster! Must have been born with a mouse in his hand.

I was thrilled the other day when I saw WinPatrol on the computer of a user I am helping with a malware problem. With WinPatrol, disabling and stopping a service couldn't be easier. The startup and hidden files logs are easy to read and, thus, easier to analyzer.

Thanks for a great product!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Big Geek Daddy said...

That's awesome! So far my son has learned to wait patiently while AVG loads and checks for updates each time the PC starts. He's five and knows that AVG checks for bugs. I guess it's time to tell him that WinPatrol is a Bug Shield!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at the other end of the scale my 86 year old father uses winpatrol (on my suggestion) and recommends it to friends of all ages.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home