Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Sunday, May 06, 2007

PC World: June Tool of the Month

I wrote recently about conflicts at PC World magazine and other blogs have been discussing a longtime issue, “Do advertisers get better reviews?”. As I mentioned, the timing was uniquely personal for me.

I was pleased to open the new PC World magazine and see that WinPatrol program has been selected “Tool of the Month”. For the record, I can confirm that I have never advertised in PC World yet this is the 2nd time we’ve been honored with a great mention.

Tool of the Month, June 2007 PC World
PC World June 2007, page 45


Just when I think it couldn’t get much better, I heard from our friends that WinPatrol was highlighted this weekend in “The Record” which serves northern New Jersey. Thanks to Peter Grad and his article “The PC Guy: Spring Cleaning


WinPatrol has established itself as a must-have program for about a decade. In addition to scouting for malware, it keeps tabs on internal processes that run behind the scenes as I work on my computer.

Not all processes are necessary; some needlessly hog RAM, some actually may be slowing your system down or rendering it unstable. WinPatrol identifies all running processes and lets you disable or remove those you don't need. The Plus version of WinPatrol ($29) gives you access to an extensive online database that'll give you plenty of information about who the good guys are and who the bad ones are. You may be surprised at how many excessive processes are whirring away in your computer.

Labels: , ,

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Blogger TeMerc said...

Way to go Bill, we love seeing Scotty gettting 'good print'. Keep up the good work.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Dossy Shiobara said...

Bill,

Congratulations on the media coverage!

I really ought to check WinPatrol out, one of these days. :-)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home