Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Monday, October 13, 2008

Microsoft Professional Developers Conference

If everything goes as planned I’ll be traveling out to Los Angeles later this month for the Microsoft Professional Developers Conference. I’ve attended a number of PDC’s in the past and always had a good time. In the old days Bill Gates would give the keynote address. This year we’ll be double teamed by Ray Ozzie, Amitabh Srivastava, Bob Muglia, David Thompson, Steven Sinofsky, Scott Guthrie, David Treadwell and Rick Rashid.

This is a big chance for Microsoft to get developers excited enough to begin programming for Windows 7. Microsoft says they’ll provide each participant with a 160 GB external hard drive with everything we need to get started. Like many I’ve been disappointed with Vista so I’m really hoping this event will get me engergized.


If I like what I see I may add some Win7 specific features to future WinPatrol versions. At the very least I’ll make sure that Scotty is compatible. I’ve always looked for ways to make WinPatrol fill in the gaps in Windows both in security and other useful functionality. Either way, I’m sure my imagination will be working overtime.


If any of my readers are attending this event be sure to let me know. You’ll recognize me in L.A. my WinPatrol sports shirt.

WinPatrol Sports Shirt.  Click to purchase

and my WinPatrol wrist band.
WinPatrol Wrist band


I’m looking forward to seeing some old friends, meeting some new ones and doing a little California dreamin’. I’ll be bringing a camera, doing screen shots and will report all my findings here on BitsfromBill.com, so stay tuned for more.


Labels: ,

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home